Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Time To Share My Story

Today I decided it is time to start telling my story. What I've decided to do is tell it in parts, mostly by subject, so the post may not go in chronological order. As an example I might talk about birthday parties over the past 3 years and next post talk about my kids through those same 3 years. My story is long and confusing with so many different players but I need to share it. I need to get it all out of my head and my heart so I can try to move on.

On initial thought, I was going to start this series with a post about friends but instead I'm going to start here:

On August 25, 2017 at 8am I was released from Rappahannock Regional Jail where I had been for 335 days or 10.5 months. I was 70lbs thinner, alot more grey and an emotional and physical disaster.  

Finally "I'm free"! Or so I thought. My very first stop, after being locked up for almost a year, was at the probation office where I had to check in and register so that I could start my 10 years of probation. Ah...freedom in The United States of America. Do your time, pay your fines and then move on to probation where you're required to have a job or do community service. You also have to submit to drug screening even if you do not have a drug charge. Oh and my favorite, now that you're "free" you are required to ask permission before you travel more that 50 miles from the office. FREEDOM.

That was day one of the start of my new life. Now instead of just  being a Mom, a wife, a sister, a friend and daughter I get to be a FELON.

No comments: