Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Struggling...

I am really having a tough time these days. I feel like I am slowly drowning and that is not a good feeling. The problem at hand is my VERY poor time management skills and inability to prioritize. See, I want to do it all! I never want to say NO. Sometimes for fear I'll miss something good and sometimes just because it looks better than what I should be doing:) I say that I am over-committed, but really I am not, I am just a bad time manager.

Being a poor(very poor) time manager would not be an issue if I was easy-going and was not married with three monsters. Because the thing about monsters is that they need a schedule, they want a schedule. Here we have a VERY loose schedule. No set time to rise, no set time for homework or dinner. I do try to keep a bedtime routine, but lately that has not been great either.

I am not sure if my time management issue stem from laziness or a need to not conform, although I suspect a bit of both. What I do know is that a change is needed. Whether it be a change to complete non-conformity(haha! unlikely given the monsters are not home schooled and we live in an urban setting:) or finding some kind of schedule and sticking to it! This is not the first time I am trying this. Last year my mother came to help me after I had surgery. While she was here she put together a GREAT and very manageable schedule for me. It last about 3 days after she left.

I see now that to do all I WANT to do, I need to have a plan. A plan to manage my time! A plan to get all my NEED TOS done so I can fit all my WANT TOS in. Because I believe I have the time to do it all, so long as I do it efficiently.

Wish me luck! Tomorrow is new day with a new way!

No comments: