Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Change of Plans

I am finding that no matter how well I plan my day out, it all falls apart when the monsters get home from school. After picking them up from school, we walk in the door around 4pm, bedtime starts at 7(Maggie), 7:30(Killi)& 8(Declan). During those 3/4 hours Homework needs to get done, dinner needs to be cooked,eaten &cleaned up, showers taken, clothes laid out, lunches made and a bedtime story or two(when we can fit it in). I have been falling short here so I have decided that I am dedicating ALL of that time(from 4-7)to my monsters. I will not be answering the phone or checking email, watching tv or my homework, I am going to do homework and have dinner and play and read and anything else we have time for.

I know that this is something I should have been doing for a long time, but I am alittle slow sometimes and just figured it out:) I am hopeful this time(and my undivided attention:) will end some of the fighting and crying and yelling we have been have here during that time.

This time has always been my most difficult as a mother, I am tired, they're tired, but I think this might make it better. I know it isn't going to be perfect, but hopefully a start.

So, if you need to get in-touch with me, you'll need to do it before 3:15 or after 7.

1 comment:

unschoolingsupermom said...

Crock pot, Em. Crock pot....cooks your food all day and you come home to a hot meal.