Tuesday, April 14, 2009

So Much To Say...

Where should I start? Let me start with Easter. I am not a fan. Not a fan for several reasons. First, I don't believe in Christ so, a holiday celebrating his rising from the dead, a bit hard to get into(my husband is christian and the children are being raised as such, therefore we celebrate). Next, I will move on to the GROSS commercialization of the holiday! Seriously, Christ has risen; now here are some candy and trinkets? And wait because this year we will market more and more for you! Maybe I am missing something here, but I don't get it! Anyway, that is Easter!


I will now move onto to a dear friend of mine. She has a most horrific husband! He is a big, mean, male-chauvinist jerk! My friend is the sweetest, most caring and kind-hearted woman I know. What I find most upsetting is that she is so devoted to her religion and prays for guidance, yet God has yet to show her the way. The way I fear is out-the-door! At some point being abused has to come to an end! The problem I have in this is that one cannot speak ill of the husband without the friend feeling that she either needs to defend his actions or remove you from her life! It is getting worse lately too, now the kids are starting to treat her like he does! I don't understand why she has so little self esteem, I want to shake some sense into her!


Onto me. I am as crazy and unorganized as ever! I live with no rhythm or reason to life. This week is bad with Spring Break and Ben away, there is really no order here:)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Before I end this bizarre post, I would like to share an encounter I had the other day:

setting: front desk at school me and 5-6 other moms

mom 1: Hey, what are you guys doing for Easter?

me: not much

mom 2: family, you?

mom 1: Going to my Aunt's, but my cousin Sue and her friend Jane will be there and they are expecting.

me: Oh, that's great! Do they know what they are having?

mom 3: Do the kids know?

mom 4: OMG!

mom 2: Have you talked to your kids about it?

me: about what(sometimes I am slow:)?

mom 2: about them being gay

mom 1: no, what would I say? Do your kids know what it means?

mom 2,3, 4: NO!

Me: know what what means?

mom 1: being gay.

me: My kids know that sometimes boys marry boys and girls, girls. and that sometimes kids have 2 moms and or dads, or both.

mom 3: why do they know that?

me: I guess they asked one time so I answered and as they get older they have asked more questions.

mom 2: really, and you answered?

me: Are you guys kidding me?(stares of disbelief) My kids know that families don't come in one shape or size and that all families the way they need to. If that means 2 moms, that's what it means; if it is a mom and dad, that is okay too. Whatever works!

(then I walked away and called my mom is horror!)

Are people really still this ignorant? I guess I know that they are, but I hate to be smacked in the face with it! It bugs me! I am not be up for any parenting awards(well good ones anyway:) but the one thing I can say is that my kids are well-rounded and very accepting of others!

Good Night!

No comments: