Monday, August 10, 2009

Dental Work!

I know I have been very neglectful of my blog lately, but I am going to try to get back to it!

This weekend was supposed to be our big family camping trip out to the Eastern Shore. We didn't make it! Instead, I got an emergency trip to the dentist on Saturday for a toothache I was having! I expected to get there and be given some antibiotics and an appointment later in the week for some work. That is not what happened at all! What happened was I waited for over an hour to see the dentist and when I got in there he decided that I needed one root canal and one extraction and oh-by-the-way, we would do that all NOW! The root canal wasn't bad, the shots of Novocaine were worse(a total of 16 for the 2 procedures). The extraction was a different story. It was the wisdom tooth on the bottom left. It was impacted and decayed so that was not making it easy! The dentist called it a level 4 soft tissue extraction. That didn't sound good, but when he had to stop for a bigger scalpel I was really nervous! There was alot of cutting and pulling and when the tooth came out there was LOTS of blood! All over the dentist and me! The little bib did not catch it all and when I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror, I saw more blood than I had ever imagined! Oh yeah, there are stitches too:)

Anyway, I left the office with an antibiotic that will surely give me a yeast infection and a script for vicodin that I cannot take! I was expecting to feel better by now, but I am not. My face is still swollen and warm to the touch. I will see the dentist in the morning to make sure all is well as my stitches seem to be out and hanging in my mouth. This was not fun! Not a fun weekend at all! If only I had taken better care of my teeth(if dental insurance wasn't sooo expensive)!

No comments: