Monday, August 31, 2009

Really Trying

I have really been putting forth great effort trying to make some changes around here. Trying to waste less money, eat better foods, help the Monsters understand that money doesn't grow on trees:), and over all focus more on MY family.

To get started on this, I decided to precook some meals for the week. That should help with both eating better and saving money. So, yesterday I spent the day cooking!and mostly from scratch! I made chicken parm for last nights dinner, two trays of ziti to freeze and Chile that cooked all night in the crock-pot which half became dinner tonight and the other half got frozen for another meal! This is a big deal for me and I hope I am able to continue it!

I also have started back to a bedtime routine for the kids. Last night was the first night and it was a long night! Lots of Monsters traveling out for kisses and hugs and drinks and, and, and! They did get to sleep finally around 10pm, and I woke them at 8am. They were tired today and Mag was asleep within 20mins of her tuck-in tonight:) Hopefully this is a good sign and we can get back in the groove!

I am feeling like life is moving too fast! And everybody is rushing to keep-up. I have decided that I don't need to finish first anymore. Now I just want to enjoy the ride. I want the Monsters to know is really important in life! I hope it works!

No comments: