Sunday, October 18, 2009

Crazy, I know!

While I know that this goes wiothout saying, I am Crazy, and with the recent illness in our house I have been searching for all I can about swine flu and pneumonia(no, we have not tested positive for flu...just crazy)anyway, what I have found is that most of the children dying from swine flu complication are getting Pneumonia and there seems to be a link in the ages of the deaths and the introduction of the Prevnar vaccine. Prevnar was introduced in 2000 and worked into the childhood vaccine schedule, but children born before that did not receive the shot, it was only give to children under 2 and newborns. So, check to see if your children have been vaccinated! They have lots of into on the CDC site about Pneumonia and the vaccine and swine flu deaths.
Please remember that I am crazy, but also thought I would share what I found:)

No comments: