Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Just Then...

After struggling to find my way with school for the kids, PTO, the house and my Master's, I was getting it together when all at once it stopped! Stopped! Dead!

Last week it all ended. I got sick, followed quickly by Killi and later Maggie. Getting sick and then having sick kids to care for has completely ruined what little routine I had going. I had just gotten Maggie back in school, Killi was getting on a good homework schedule, I was finding time to get my school work and PTO commitments met and all at once it was over. I was diagnosed with pneumonia, most likely from H1N1, and I was forced to close-up shop. I left my house only once from Saturday to Tuesday and that was for a trip to the pediatrician, very dirty I might add. I spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday in bed almost all day. I spent the nights up trying to breath and settle sick monsters. Saturday Declan had some friends over for pizza before going to the movies and honestly, it is a big blur.

Today has been a turning point I think. I woke this morning able to breath and feeling like I just had a cold. Maggie was at about 90% and Killi was about 70%, but everyone was on the mend. We ran some errands and disinfected the house, cooked dinner and worked on some homework with the kids, we are on the mend. I am tired now. Hoping that I did not push myself too much. I feel too tired for homework or even last night's Gossip Girl:) Instead I sit and wonder how long it will take to get back into a routine after 5 days out of one. Seems that for each day out it takes 3 additional to get back in. I guess that means that I should just take it slow and go with the flow. A routine will find itself just like it had before we got sick.

No comments: