Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hummm...

Today continued much like the past week has, crazy and unpredictable! I started the day with a ride to Bethesda for a doctor's appointment for Killi, so that was a nice LONG ride on 95 and the beltway! The appointment went fairly well and I was given the documentation needed to get us moving in the right direction.

I ran home, made a few phone calls and ran out to get Declan from school. On my way in, my mother called to tell me that my grandfather had just passed away! That was nice icing on top of my very crazy cake! I know I had mentioned, more than once that I was not going to NJ until my brother's wedding next November unless someone died...really???? I would have come if someone asked, there was no reason for a death:) On a serious note, my grandfather lived a very long and until very recently, active life. He was an interesting guy. He spent his career as a doctor and he had an opinion on everything! In fact, I wonder if the election of Obama last November is what made him unable to continue on;-)

So, we are headed to NJ. The monsters will get to see their Happy that they have been really missing and they will meet their new cousin! Hopefully this is the end of what has been a very uncomfortable and hard week!

Let's just hope the husband reminds the in-laws that I am a woman on the edge so I don't have to "freak-out" there too;-)

No comments: