Monday, October 18, 2010

Thinking It Through

I love to over-analyze things, all things. The tone of voice someone speaks to me in, how long my children will be traumatized because I yelled, what I can do to be a better wife, daughter, sister and mother, what my dreams "mean", down to what the meaning of "is" is( which I truly did yesterday:). What I am wondering is, does this continual exercise of analyzation is more helpful or hurtful? I know there are plenty of people in my life that see this as useless or self destructive, but I cannot seem to agree or stop. I hate surprises. I mean HATE THEM!!! So, for me, when I analyze things before, after and durning their occurrence, I feel that it cuts down on any "surprises" in my life and I think i I like that. However, if I am being honest, I am not sure I have ever lived another way. Even as a child it was a rare instant when I would do something without thinging it through and weighing it all out.

I wonder if it is possible to just "let go" and see what life holds? Do people really live that way? Are there really people who get up in the morning and have not played their day out in their head before it starts? And how does one do that? I wonder if I stopped analyzing and started living if my like would see less stress? Maybe it is worth giving it a try. Going with the flow, enjoying what I am given and not about what could have been or how it could have been better. Just Keep Living! Enjoy each moment I have for what they are. Live them and move onto the next.

I think I may try to give this a shot. Live in the moment. Enjoy what I have while I have it! I know it will be worth it!

No comments: