Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Just Ridiculous !!!

After about 5 days of being sick, I woke up this morning and was feeling better. I was so happy to be feeling better that I happily woke with Ben and Pepe at 630am. I got the dishes done before I woke the monsters, switched laundry, then nicely woke each monster quietly in hopes of easing them back into school. After dropping them at school, a trip on which both pups joined us, I came home exercised, showered, made myself lunch, read a bit for school and started dinner before picking the monsters up again.

Well, once I sat down in the car to head over to get those monsters, I started feeling BAD again, really bad. At that point I just figured that maybe I had done too much today and needed to rest; and that was fine since dinner was already roasting and the house clean. All I needed to do was spend time with my monsters and put dinner on the table.

Before we made it the 3 miles home from school, I realized, with the help of Killi "Mommy, I thought your voice came back, now it left again?", that my voice was again GONE! Still, I was okay, all I needed to do was spend time loving my monsters and take dinner out of the oven. I did that! I even read a book to Killi and bathed Pepe, I was doing great! Then I wasn't doing so great. I got really achy, noticed my ears were very clogged and my chest hurt so bad everytime I coughed I wanted to cry! So, I decided that when Ben got home from work and after I tucked the monsters in, I would finally go to the Urgent Care.

At 7ish, I headed to the UC, it was PACKED! I instead went to the ER, ended up being just as packed I think. I walked in, they looked me over, handed me a mask to wear and there I sat for the next 3.5 hours. After Blood & x rays, and lots of time in the waiting room, I was told that I have pneumonia( but only a very small spot:), sinus infection, ear infection, laryngitis and bronchitis. Once they had uncovered all of that, they were kind enough to shoot me up with an antibiotic, start my steroid, give me pain meds and do a breathing treatment all so I would not need meds again until morning, that way I could go straight home and to bed.

That was 2.5 hours AGO!!! How the heck am I gonna sleep hopped up on all that albuterol & steroid :) The coughing has slowed a bit and breathing feels much easier, so I will take it! They offered to admit me, but I declined on promise of taking it easy the next few days and coming back if I got worse or did not improve in 48 hours or so.

When I finally get through this one, I am going to my doctor and find out what is wrong with my immune system (besides clearly NOT having one:). I have really had enough of every cold turning into something more and lasting FOREVER! Forget those other resolutions I made, the only one I have & will keep is to find out why my immune system SUCKS! I will keep eating better and exercising because I believe that will help my immune system so all that time posting last week was not for nothing:)


Please let tomorrow bring improvement in my health! I will sit and rest ALL (okay most) of the day! Just bring my voice back! Take the pain from my chest! I will take just one, a small one even, I just need a sign of improvement!

No comments: