Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Winter Blues!

I don't think the sun ever shines and it is always below 40 degrees! It is only the fist half of January and I am already depressed and desperate for Spring. I know being really sick for the past two weeks is making this worse, but MY GOD, I don't know how in the world I am going to make it to March! I think I am going to have to break-down and buy one of those "sun lamps" this year!

The problem now is that I am starting to feel better, but don't want to leave the house and go any where that people might be for fear of new germs! I am also trying to save money for vacation, so I am avoiding stores:) It is too cold and gray to be outside so I stay in the house ALL THE TIME! You would think that would make my house incredibly clean and organized; you would be wrong. This is because last week I was in bed with my "itises" and this week I am too lazy and depressed to do it :) So instead I sit at the table "doing" school work & watching "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" on Netflix and wonder how much I HAVE TO DO so that my husband does not think I am totally and completely useless.

Each and every day I go to bed with grand hopes of a better tomorrow, a productive and positive day; then I get up, drop the monsters at school, decided it is cold and gray and come back in and lock the door. I think about getting on the treadmill or yoga and always promise myself some meditation, but then it is 3:00pm, time to get the monsters and I have not showered(again) or walked or meditated. Maybe tomorrow I think and so today I say maybe tomorrow.

Here's to hoping it really is tomorrow~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel! I live in South Dakota and I hate the cold, snow, and cloudy days. I live for the days that it might just reach 30 degrees. I'm a stay at home mom and you would think that my house would be completely spotless, but in the winter months it seems like I don't have the energy to move off of the couch. I have all these plans of keeping up on my workout schedule, but for some reason the last couple of weeks I have failed. I always say that tomorrow I will conquer these goals, but then tomorrow comes and yet I have not done anything except take to older 2 to school and take care of the baby. Hope you get some motivation back soon and that the weather warms up for you also!