Thursday, January 6, 2011

Maybe, Just Maybe I am Starting to Feel Better?

It has been a week today that I started feeling sick. Wait, only a WEEK???? It seems like it has been WEEKS, MONTHS, YEARS especially if you were to hear my husband & monsters tell the story. Those poor souls have only had about half my attention and devotion instead of the usual 99%. I admit that they have been eating all the "easy" (read:unhealthy:) meals I can make like mac & cheese and chicken nuggets & fries, but hey, I am doing my best here.

This morning I woke up and felt a bit better, but more tired than yesterday. I hesitated to mention this to my family as I fear they will take my slight improvement as a sign that I should get back to work and I am just not ready yet :) I am sure this is not really true, the husband has been very supportive and the monsters, have been not awful, but I know they are getting frustrated with this bout of illness as it seems to be just the newest in a very long list. I mean this has been my second bout of laryngitis in December, so I get that they are over this, I am too!!! But of course i have convinced myself that they are plotting a coup and looking for a new HOH (head of House:). The paranoia comes courtesy of the steroids & albuterol that I have been taking in order to breathe, and yes the family LOVES this too (especially the husband who is SO busy at work and trying to pick up the slack at home:) None of this is making him want to run away:)

I have have set a goal for myself to remain in bed or very quiet until Saturday, even if I wake up tomorrow and feel great, I am going to take it easy. If by Friday I am not feeling better, I will go back to the doctor. I am going to take care of myself. I am going to get better! I am going to give myself the time to heal. I want to be done with illness for a few months:)

No comments: