Friday, April 8, 2011

Paradise Lost, but Not Forgotten

I am back from the most wonderful vacation I have ever been on. Eight days in Hawaii with my husband and monsters, I could not have imagined a trip this wonderful if I had tried. The intention of the trip was a to combine some work with some pleasure, but none of it turned out seeming like work. The kids ended up loving almost all the things I needed to visit for school, in fact there were a few things that they asked to do that ended up being perfect for the research I needed.

We spent our days seeing and doing so much. We would leave our room in the morning with our bathing suits and sweater since we never quite knew where weʻd end up or what kind of weather weʻd see. One day we went from sunny and 80 at the beach, then 57 and rainy at 11000 ft atop a volcano, back to the beach and sun all within 3 hours!

We watched the sunset above the clouds and then stood so close to the stars you felt like you could touch them. We visited the only palace in the United States and buried our toes into the Waikiki sand. Visited Pearl Harbor and the North Shore and everyone enjoyed it all!

I am not sure if the company made the trip or the trip made the company, but either way it was an experience of a lifetime that I will never forget!

No comments: