Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Worst Part of Nats Baseball-

Baseball is my favorite sport to watch in person, really anywhere; but I really enjoy going to baseball games. I enjoy to baseball games and watching the game. I like to be in my sit when the first pitch is thrown and do my best to stay there until the last pitch crosses the plate. Well, fans here in DC, do not enjoy baseball that way or any other sport. They ALWAYS arrive late! For football it is the middle to end of the 1st quarter, basketball is the same so it is not surprising that baseball fans(a term I hesitate to use) do not arrive until somewhere between the 1st and 3rd innings. That however is not the biggest issue with these "fans". My biggest issue, is that they come and go during the inning.

You heard me correctly, they not only come late to the game, but they walk to their seats right in the middle of an at-bat. Thatʻs right, imagine if you will, the count is 3-2, bases-loaded with 2 outs, hereʻs the wind-up and...And you donʻt know anymore because some sport-ignorant jackasses, decided it is a good time to take their seats right at that moment. And NO my Jersey friends, I am not making this up and NO this is not a once-a-game thing.

Last night, after missing several critical plays, I had beer spilled down my back(in the middle of an inning) and I decided it was time, after 6 seasons of baseball in DC, that these "fans" learn basic "baseball manners". I turned to the 4 idiots trying get seated and spilling beer on me and lost it. I yelled, I cursed and I explained how this would play out in the Bronx- and I am happy to report that this did make some all-be-it not enough, progress in my attempts to teach "baseball manners" to Nats Fans.

What I just donʻt understand is how these "fans" just donʻt see how rude it is to come/go or stand and chat in the middle of play. And if it that they are really so ignorant not to know understand common-fan behavior, it is time for the Nationals to convey these to their fans, for their own safety. Because if the Nats ever gain a real following and their fans were to travel to other ballparks to support them, they would end up getting their asses kicked! Honestly, imagine acting this way at a Mets or Yankee game, a Phillies or Red Sox Game- Maybe thatʻs what they need to understand Baseball etiquette, a fieldtrip to Citi Field to see Their Washington Nationals take on The NY Mets:) Bet they would become fast learners!!!!

No comments: