Monday, May 7, 2012

Iʻm a Nobody...

I think Emily Dickinson said it best in her poem "Iʻm a nobody, who are you?" I am a NOBODY to most of the worldʻs 7B people and thatʻs okay with me! The only people I want to be a "somebody" to are the ones that call me Mom, wife, daughter, sister, aunt or friend. "Friend" that is a tricky one. For this post I will use this definition: A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts. To be called a friend one should possess ALL three of these qualities, not just 1 or 2 BUT ALL 3! And when a "friend" possess all three of those qualities are they someone worthy & willing to have me as a somebody in their life. Still there are others that I am a "nobody" to that claim to know who I am and what I feel. People that have built an entire persona for a "nobody" in their world. How does that happen? Why does it happen? Do people have a need to generate a "somebody" for their own security? Do they do it for greed? fame? self-worth? I donʻt think I understand why some people need a "somebody" that isnʻt real, that they have created. A "somebody" that they seem determine to build-up just for the chance to tear them down and watch them crumble. For a "nobody" here and there, they want so much to be a "somebody" that they will compromise themselves & those in their life to be a "somebody" until one day they wake up a realize they have NOBODY! Not this "nobody" I have my somebodies and plan to keep them & myself happily in our bog:)

No comments: