Thursday, August 28, 2008

Feeling Better...

I have been on new meds for about a month now and I have to say I feel so much better. I was concerned with the additions I was going to feel loopy or cloudy, but no I feel good. I still suffer from some anxiety, but it isn't as bad. I am also becoming more aware of what triggers my episodes and I am doing better controlling it. I am very conscience of my sleep(and insomnia) as that is one of the biggest triggers for me. I am also learning that it is important for me to take care of myself; otherwise I am no good to anyone else. I cannot help my family and care for them if I am not healthy myself.

All that good stuff said, there are some negative side effects. For instance, much lower sex drive( husband could do without this one:) also weight gain, now this one could be tamed if I would eat better and stop drinking coke:) You know, you can only change so much at a time, right? Maybe once the kids get back to school, I will get back to walking.

2 comments:

Ree said...

OMG--we are soooo much alike in this area!! What new med did the doc put you on. I am actually on nothing right now. What i was taking wasn't really working, so I stopped it. So far I am OK. I believe the Lord has something to do w/this!! I am waiting on some state Health Ins.--if we get it I intend to head back to Dr. Mike to get something new!!

Ree said...

Oh--and glad to hear you are feeling better!! God Bless!