Sunday, August 31, 2008

We Did It!

This evening, my entire family made it to church! I was so happy to make it. I am happy to say that the kids were fairly well behaved(Declan was perfect, Killi was good and Maggie, well she is 3). I did bring some paper and crayons for Maggie and she was fine. Husband is happy to go to church and doesn't much care which one. I was very happy. I knew all the prayers and the order of mass. Best of all they played my favorite song during Communion. It was not the prettiest Catholic Church I have ever been in, but it was very comfortable. I will officially join the parish next week and sign Declan and Killi up for CCD.

I am glad we went. I felt more comfortable today than I ever did at Husband's church. The only issue I had was that nobody gets dressed for church anymore. I mean really jeans and sweats for church?

2 comments:

unschoolingsupermom said...

When we went to ST. Pius in North Jersey when I was little, my father always wore jeans and a white t-shirt to church. He never dressed us up either. And that was the early eighties. Also, i havent heard of CCD since i was a teen. Wow I totally forgot about that term. I dont go to church out here. They are all a bunch of hypocrytes and the catholics are not the same. I just pray on a daily basis. YOu know, God please get me through today.

Shelly said...

i hope you enjoy your new church! and even though i'm a skirt wearin' baptist, i think Jesus loves anyone--no matter what they wear or where they go to church =)