Monday, November 9, 2009

Keep Talkin'

I guess I am hoping that if I keep "talking" about the changes I want to make in my life, they will just happen...so far, it is not working:) What I am finding out is that if you don't exercise, you cannot loose weight; if you keep spending money, it is gone; if you keep looking for stress it finds you; if you don't stick to a plan, there isn't one. These are some of the things I keep talking about, but have yet to do. Instead I sit here at almost 3am stressed about all these things that I am doing NOTHING to fix. Just talkin'!

It really has to stop. I really need to make changes in my life. I am juggling too many things to be able to continue on this way. I need more time for school. I need to find time to exercise. I need a budget. I need a routine. The problem is that all I seem to do is talk about it! Doing it is a whole different ball game.

Now, how it make it work? I think I will start by writing down everything I do, eat and spend and from there see what can change. I will try this for a week and then sit and look at where I am and what I can do to get where I want to go.

As I sit writing this, I am already thinking of excuses for why I cannot make these changes. I have been away from home for a week, we have Thanksgiving coming up, doctor's appointments and more. I can find an excuse for ANYTHING! I think that is going to be my biggest challenge, changing my way of thinking. Making a commitment to myself. I know that I will be happier when these changes are made. I know I will have less stress, still I procrastinate and then replay the same stress over and over again which must mean that I don't want these changes that badly or that I need to step-it-up and do it!

I'm going to give it another try because what do I have to loose.

No comments: