Monday, August 9, 2010

I Know It & Own It...I Am Crazy :)

I believe my mind is on system over-load and quickly approaching the point of frying! I have too many irons in the fire and the stress is depressing me! I think I have three BIG stressors all of which I cannot control. The problem with that is every other small thing is turned into a huge thing and I cannot gain control of any of them!!! Honestly, going to the eye doctor with them monsters this morning nearly pushed me over the edge.

The upcoming week is insane and full of all things I do not want to do, more doctors, meetings, football. What I want to do is go to the beach and leave my cell phone and computer at home. Not likely to happy since I have to finish-up my class over the next week. Complete with a thematic paper and plan of study.

Normally, I could knock-out the school work and enjoy it, but with no luck keeping my mind on school it is slow going. Instead my head is full of concerns for my children in the new school year and worries about my extended family & friends, uneasiness about the holidays(yes, Thanksgiving & Christmas which are months away), and just about everything else in the world. I especially enjoy stressing about things that I have NO control over, like the article I just read about the US selling F-15 to Saudi Arabia and how the Israel is not happy. Yep, I will lose some sleep over that tonight:) Writing that I laughed because I do know how crazy it is, but I also know that I really will lose sleep over it:)

Unfortunately, this sort of stress & depression is not new to me but I know that it will pass. I also know that I am in a much better place now then I have ever been before; recognizing what I am feeling and "dealing" with it is a much better place that having no idea what all these crazy feelings are about:)

Off I go to stress about the heat index and football practice tonight:)

No comments: