Friday, August 6, 2010

Today It Happened :(

Today, for the first time that I can remember, I really hated school supply shopping. And in-case you are not aware, school/office supply shopping is usually one of my FAVORITE things to do! Honestly, I usually LOVE IT! We are talking HOURS in Staples just to pick-up ink for the printer, LOVE IT!!!

Well, loved it. Today it sucked! Sorting it after we got home sucked worse. I could not even make myself feel happy about it when I offered to let the monster "decorate" their Art Shirts. All I am feeling is sad. Depressed and sad. Sad that the summer has gone by too quickly. Sad that all of my monster will be gone for a ridiculous amount of time 5 days a week. Sad that not only will they be gone, but I have little, if any control over who will be watching over them and teaching them. Sad that it cost me nearly $70 a kid for supplies & backpacks, and that not only was I told to get folders, but told what colors they had to be, really?

(Just imagine... this is the paragraph where I BITCH about the annoyance of the school supply list down to and including a ream of paper.It would never stop if I start:)

I am sure that my feelings have more to do with my experience last year than theirs, but still I have a BAD TASTE in my mouth and Huge Fears for the new school year. I know that I cannot home school, it would not be best for my children, but I wish I felt just a bit at ease with what is ahead.

I am just not looking forward to this school year. Not one bit! So much that it ruined my shopping trip!

No comments: