Thursday, August 26, 2010

Some House Cleaning...

As a Washington Nationals season ticket holder, I was sooooooo happy to hear that Rob Dibble has "taken a few days off". Ray Knight's southern drawl has been music to my ears:) I hope the Nationals are smart enough to encourage Dibble to take a permanent vacation from DC!

Now, because I know my aunt LOVES my posts when I skip from subject-to-subject, I would like to switch to the topic of ballots for deployed military. I am certain I am not understanding the story correctly, because it seems as if there are states trying to be excused from sending the ballots overseas. In an attempt to "muddle-through-the-swamp" I hope that what the states are saying is that they are unable to meet the new deadlines that the election board has put in place, but they will send out the ballots and they will be counted when they are returned, even if that means waiting an extra few weeks for the final results. Because if that is not what they are saying and they are not going to find a way to allow deployed servicemen to vote, we have some very BIG problems here in the US.

Last topic tonight. Our local weekend entertainment in the Nations Capitol, Glen Beck & Sarah Palin rally with an Al Sharpton rally on the other side. Oh the choices, where will I go???? Right, in the complete opposite direction of both! Those are sure to be rallies promoting unity & togetherness;-)

No comments: