Thursday, September 16, 2010

Feeling Much Better

Last night was Back-to-School Night at the monster's school and I will say that things went MUCH better than Open House and the first week of school did. I was much more comfortable within myself and therefore more comfortable around others. I realize that much of what I had been feeling(the disconnect & coolness) was coming more from me than others towards me. I no think that the changes that have been made at school, that give the feeling of being uninviting, were not made to dissuade parents from volunteering, but were made to improve the learning environment of the school. I also think that some of the "sterile-ness" is due to the fact that ALL of the construction has not been completed and so it has been decorated back to its former warm & fuzziness of the past:)

So, what I am saying is that maybe it was more me than the school and after a couple of good meetings and regaining some self-confidence, I think the year will be GREAT!



Now, I know this story deserves a post of its own, I don't want to forget to post it and I am here now. It goes like this: Today I was at parent pick-up waiting on the monsters and chatting with a teacher friend of mine, when a lady I have know for sometime walked up and into our conversation. She had no idea what we were talking about, but jumped in inappropriately, to proclaim how wonderful and long our friendship has been and how she hopes it will continue no matter what my "new role" at school shall be(remember I left PTO)...interesting take on our relationship is all I have to say, but not surprising in the old AH:)

No comments: