Sunday, December 26, 2010

A New Year is Coming and I Want to Jump In!

I feel a bit like the last year, maybe year and a half have been filled with incredible growth for me. Spiritual growth, relationship growth, educational growth all of which have been positive for me and the people in my life. The thing is that I am now seeing the glaringly lack of growth, maybe even regression in other areas. That said, I have spent sometime really thinking about my "New Year's Resolution" this year. What I have come up with are a few ideas; some that I know I will be able to resolve, a few that will be more difficult, but still manageable and 1 or 2 tough goals that may take more than a year to resolve, they may take a lifetime, but if I never throw them out there I will never try. And really, what fun is failing if you have done so by never trying:)

For my attainable goals I am committing to exercise regularly and parent differently. I would like to make exercise a daily activity. It could be in the form of walking on the treadmill, playing with the kids or a family outing, just something to get me moving. On the parenting front, I would like to yell less and listen more.

My next, and slightly more difficult goals, are to change my family's eating habits and manage my time more efficiently. In January I plan to see a nutritionist to consult on how to change what we have in our house into the healthiest choices that we can live with:) Time management has been on my list of "life changes" and "resolutions" for what seems to be my entire adult life. I think my entire life would Ying&Yang better with some management. Here's to hoping I can do it because getting that down will help with my next goal which is to finish my Masters.

In my "tough to do" area I would like to learn to live in the moment and enjoy life. Don't misunderstand, I think I have a pretty good life and I am happy, but I do let things that I have NO control over consume me and take away from what matters like my husband and monsters, my relatives and friends and myself. So, no matter how many times I fall-off the wagon, I am going to keeping getting up and reminding myself what really matters and focus on that.

I know I will be able to make some of these changes and I know they will improve my life, but boy it would be great to knock them all out in the first quarter and NEVER fall-off the wagon:) Wish me luck, I am gonna need it!

No comments: