Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snow Day!!!!!

The monsters were off from school today as the threat of snow loomed this morning, not a flake had hit the ground at the time:) The snow did start falling not long after the call was made; and then it continued ALL DAY. The kids played outside for awhile, Gus played outside for awhile and Pepe and I baked and cooked. It was a good day.

School is already closed for tomorrow. The neighborhood roads are icy and it is cold so I guess the powers-that-be decided not to wait it out until morning to pull the plug. I can work with that. I am happy to know that I do not need to set my alarm tonight, I can sleep in!

Maybe there will be more snow on Sunday, the weather forecasters cannot commit yet. So, maybe the kids will get back to school before Winter Break, maybe not. I am just hoping that this 3-4 inches of snow we got today is all we will get this year and we do not have to relive our blizzards of last year. I can do 3-4 inches a few times a winter, but I NEVER want to see snow-falls that need to be measured in FEET AGAIN!!!

With our unexpected snow day I baked lots and lots of cookies. It kept me busy and gave the kids an activity when they were not out playing:) And best of all, we have dessert now:)

Below is our Christmas Picture for 2010-



Happy Holidays to All My Blog Friends!

No comments: