Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Class Warfare.

I really would like to blog. I have so much on my mind, but I am tired and bitchy and as such I know I should just take some midol & slip into dreamland. So, let me pick just one or two quick thoughts to get out of my head.

The Estate Tax. Class Warfare, I know. Class Warfare against the wealthy. Understand that the likely-hood that I will EVER be in a position that the estate tax will effect me is slim, but I think it is INSANE! How in the world do people think that it is fair that the people with estates over $3.5 million should have to give the United States government 55% of that wealth? Those people have paid taxes on that land, money, business, investment(estate) while they were living, at a rate higher than the majority of us pay, then again in their death the US government(democrats in Congress) feel they deserve more than half of that estate. CRAZY!!!! A 55% TAX RATE???? Which in actuality turns out to be more like 60+% of their estate since they had already paid taxes on it all. I just don't get it.

Overall I am just sick of hearing about "class warfare" and the double standard of that term. It is always "class warfare" when wealthy Americans don't want to pay more in taxes, why is it not "class warfare" when poorer Americans receive an earned-income-tax-credit? It is NOT class warfare, it is capitalism and the American Dream is out there for everyone who wants to try for it. How about people stop crying about all the things the wealthy get and stop looking for a handout. Make your dream! Live It!

No comments: