Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Christmas is OVER!

All of our decorations are put away and there are almost no traces of Christmas left at our house and I could not be happier! To say that I am not a fan of the holiday would be a complete understatement, because I HATE IT! At dinner tonight I told my family that we are no longer celebrating until one of them can give me a good reason as to why we should. They of course tried the "Jesus' Birthday" thing, but as it is NOT remotely the time of year in which he was born that does not fly with me, especially since they are not REALLY willing to go with that and ditch Santa/gifts. Next they pulled out the "family card", but that one crashed pretty quickly too since I have convinced them all that having to use our vacation time & money to go visit family at their homes in not fun:) They now agree that holidays, if spent with family, should be at a "neutral" location with a beach:) Hint: family, we are saving money for a Christmas Beach Trip next year, you should start saving too because we would love to have you with us:)

With all of that said, I am not willing to end the monsters winter break, that I am LOVING! I would be happy to keep them and the husband home all the time, especially with the weather warming so that we can go out and play. Tomorrow we will play with friends and maybe we will get downtown later in the week! Friday they say the temps will be in the mid 50's!!!! I cannot wait!

Maybe there is something I am missing about Christmas and if so I will hopefully figure it out soon. If not, I will be looking for a way to put an "Emily" Twist on this Christmas thing:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hate christmas too!!