Thursday, June 4, 2009

Answers!

For the past 9 years I have been living with Chronic Pain. The pain is not always in the same place and has sometimes been managed, but has been there nonetheless. Over this period I have seen MANY doctors and most of them do a good job trying to fit the symptoms, but never bother to find a cause. So, a treatment plan is made and the pain will be under control for months and if I am lucky a year, then BAM! it comes back! It really sucks!

On top of the constant pain, people think you are insane and making it up! And I do understand that, it is hard to imagine that someone could be in pain all the time! The most bizarre thing about it is that the pain I feel is all the same whether I stub my toe or break a bone! It is crazy!

Alas, my wonderful doctor did offer some answers today about all of that! First, he does not think I am making it all up(plus), he wants to he me feel better(plus), and he explained so things about chronic pain that I didn't know.

Now, I will try new meds to see if the pain can be managed, if not with this one there are more to choose from and the doctor is willing to help!

1 comment:

Ree said...

I am so sorry you have to go through this! I totally understand the chronic pain, but thankfully have not experienced it as sharply and painfully as you. I will keep you in my prayers and hope the doc finds a course of action that works in your benefit. God Bless!!