Saturday, June 13, 2009

Laugh At/With Me!

When I was 13, I met the boy who turned into my "first love". We spend the whole summer at the beach together, day and night. The time we didn't spend together were spent on the phone through the early morning hours. He was my boyfriend for about a year, until he went off to high school and I was only in 8th grade:) He needed to move onto those older high school girls:)

Anyway,he dumped me for this girl who worked at an ice cream shop in the next town over. So, what do I do upon hearing this news? That's right, I made my friends go with me to stalk said girl! We hopped on our bikes and off we went. The entire ride there, I am thinking that this is a completely rational thing to do! We finally get there and wait for her to be free so that she can "serve" us(because, somehow that was going to make a point:) She does, and as we leave, my friends and I make a point to let this girl know that she is dating "my man".

As I look back on this outing, I find my face getting warm with embarrassment and cannot help but to laugh at myself. The phase, "What was I thinking?" comes to mind.

The boy is long gone from my life and I am not sure that the girl would even remember it happening, but I like to laugh about it sometimes and hope that my monsters will never do anything so ridiculous, all the while knowing that they will;-)

1 comment:

Ree said...

OMG...I did that, but stalked the guy!! Too funny what we do when we are young and 'in love'!!