Sunday, June 14, 2009

But Why?

I know I should be happy, but I am not! I am feeling sad. There is no reason. Kids are good! Husband, very good. Friends, not awful:) Yet, I am blue!

Depression Sucks! Hopefully the new meds will start working soon and I will have a turn in the world of sunshine and happiness:) I know that it is hard to understand if you do not or have never gone through a bout of depression. If you are lucky enough to be one of those people, please try to take the time to understand that this is not something people want to deal with. It truly is an illness, but one that is so hard to heal. Imagine walking around with a broken leg that would never heal or a cold that never ended! Sometimes that is what makes it harder. That even when it is "gone" you never know for how long.

Tomorrow will be a better day for me!

3 comments:

Ree said...

Oh, I so understand!! And you are right about people who don't know or have it...they just don't understand!! I say to my hubby, what if I had cancer or some other disease? The mind/brain is an organ just like any other in the body...it CAN get disease!! In fact it is a main organ in the body, as it RUNS our bodies. That's a lot on one organ, so why wouldn't it be apt for disease?
Just know that you have a Depression Sister, who knows exactly what you are going through!! We need to stick together!! :)

A Jersey Girl said...

Thanks Ree!

Tribe Mama said...

Sorry you are down, I know how difficult and frustrating it can be to be down in the dumps when you have every reason to be happy. Hope you found brighter days.