Friday, October 24, 2008

Divided

I am not very old and have not been around for too many presidential elections, but I can say that this is one for the books. I remember four years ago how divided the country seemed, but that pales in comparison to what I am seeing and experiencing this time. Friends and family that used to be able to discuss and agree-to-disagree have stopped discussing Politics all together and in some cases stopped talking to each other. This election is about more than the two men running for president, it is making people really stop and look at what they believe in. With the economy in its current state, people are really taking note of what is being said and how each candidate's policies will effect them.

Personally, I am ready for it to be over. This weekend I made my decision on how to cast my vote, and in the interest of full disclosure, I will share that I am going to vote for Bob Barr & Wayne Allen Root, the Libertarian Party. I will also be voting that way for the US Senate seat in VA. For Congress I will vote for Rob Whitman, because he has been doing a very good job. So, there you have it, where I stand on the issues and the election.

I hope everyone goes out and votes! And if you are undecided, check these guys out

1 comment:

Tribe Mama said...

I am glad you found candidates whose platforms you agree with, I know it has been weighing on you.

I will vote, and I will read up on ALL candidates before I decided, as everyone should. One promise, I am not voting for McCain....