Thursday, October 2, 2008

People

Stereotypes. The interesting thing about them is that they come from somewhere. Yes, they are generalizations on groups of people, but they hold some truth. It is not to say that all people of a group meet that generalization, but the majority do or did. Stereotypes make great punch lines for jokes and easy research for marketing companies, but they also hinder people. They cause people to close doors on potential friends, lovers, schools, political candidates and so much more.

I love stereotypes when they are used well. They can be very helpful, but when it comes to judging individuals, I leave them behind. I wish more people in the world would do the same.



As an aside:

** Don't forget to watch the VP Debate Tonight. I am dying to see the interaction between Biden and Palin. You all know I LOVE JOE BIDEN(sincerely), but I think he needs to walk a line tonight to be knowledgeable yet not condescending(which maybe difficult considering his experience compared to hers:) Not to say I dislike Palin, or would mind her as VP, I am just saying Biden has alot more experience-

No comments: