Friday, October 31, 2008

I Admit It

I am really not a very good time-manager:) Yes, after trying to pretend for awhile that I am, I am admitting defeat. On a day-to-day basis I am fine, but boy do I not work well under pressure. That may be an understatement, because under pressure I just freeze. I can get nothing at all done. I guess I will not be running for president anytime soon:)

No big deal though, everything gets done that needs too, so what if it takes alittle while. I am working on refocusing my life(again) and remember that there are lots of things that CAN wait until tomorrow if there is something "better" to do. A book with a kid, cuddles on the couch, trip to the park, fun with friends and thing big or small, just more fun. You know, work on "Living Like You Are Dying".

I suspect that my "new" look at life has more to do with me looking for excuses to validate my inability to "keep-up" but it is true. I wonder if my kids will care when I am gone if they had to grab their clothes out of the bin instead of getting them from the closet. Or that they ate eggs for dinner instead of some fancy-homemade dinner because we stayed at the pool too late. No, I don't think so. And I want them to know how much I enjoy being their mom and spending time with them. But not just them, I have not been doing a good job with my husband either. Dishes that HAVE to get done before bed instead of a few quite moments to talk, the dishes could wait until morning. Well, whatever the reason, I hope I can keep looks up and remember that tomorrow will be there and so will the dishes-

1 comment:

unschoolingsupermom said...

That is so right. You only have one life and your kids will only be small for a very short time. Make the best before they are big and on there own. The dishes will still be there tomorrow. And there is always pbnj and paper plates. = )