Thursday, November 6, 2008

How Do They Do It?

I am a blogger junkie. I love reading about other peoples lives, some that are like mine, some that are very different. Mostly I read about other MOMS and how they get along day in and day out with their little ones. Often I find that someone out there has an answer or solution for whatever I am needing help with that day. When I am at my wits end with a nameless 3 year old, I can often pull up a blog of someone else just-as-spunky 3 year old and I am able to laugh instead of cry:)

Anyway, to the point, on a few blogs that I regularly read, the writers are very religious. Which I completely respect, but do not understand. For instance, the election outcome. Barack Obama won and will be our president for the next 4 years. If you believe that God leads those decisions and has walk President-Elect Obama to that office how can you then believe that God is firmly against abortion? Was God not part of the decision that ruled on Roe v. Wade?

And In California, the push by Mormons to make sure prop 8 won, was that God's will or was it God's will when the Supreme Court approved gay marriage?

I don't think I understand when people throw "god's will" out there. I am not sure if it a lack of faith on my part or that others are just able to interpret/ change God's will to protect/defend their own views on an issue. I'd like to know though. So if there is anyone out there willing to help me understand, I am listening.

No comments: