Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Good Bye, People...Now lets moving

Well, the people are mostly gone and now we are just back to our regular(terrible) traffic. We(my family) watched the swearing in on TV yesterday and most of the other events of the day. It is one of my favorite events as an American. I am so proud of the United States when I see the change of power go so smoothly. Democracy at its best! I cannot see what the first 100 days brings.

Now, on to the trivial bull-sh*t that consumes my daily life.

The good- My new furniture will be delivered tomorrow morning! I am very excited as we are down to a broken couch to share for seating in the living room:) I also found curtains, switch plates, lamps and a TV stand to almost complete the room(I think I need 1 end table). In the kitchen, that was also painted, I got some new dishes, they match the paint:)

The bad- Husband and I have not been on the same page as of late and his "reading-between-the-lines" skills have not been up to par. Tonight, he called as he was leaving work to let me know he was on the way(Declan had Boy Scouts and Husband does that:) so, I said to him that I had fed the kids and we would eat after the meeting. Well, in my world the means, I don't have a dinner plan for us so think about it on the way home and let me know - In his mind that meant, great she will figure out dinner and have it ready after the meeting. Needless to say, when 8 o'clock rolled around and my boys were walking in from their meeting, husband was NOT happy that no dinner was planned. I can understand why he was a bit annoyed, I mean leaving the house at 5:45am and walking in at 8pm could make you hungry and grouchy. So I apologized for the misunderstanding and threw a frozen pizza in the oven and a bowl of salad on the table and we called it dinner. All was good in the end, but the lesson I learned- be clear with my husband, he is not a mind-reader(thank goodness:)

No comments: