Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Not Liking The Change

I have spent the past week growing more and more concerned with the conservative cause. By nature I am moderately conservative, but more libertarian and that has not changed. What has me upset and angry is that in less than a week, the New President or should I call him the second coming, has push two insane policies with Nancy Pelosi pushing a third.

The policies in question are federal funding for abortion and "the fairness act". On the abortion issue, my only problem is the federal funding, I am not against abortion as a choice. I am opposed to my tax dollars being spent on what I see as an elective procedure. By all means, if you would like to make that choice, I support you. This annoys me on two fronts, one the funding issue and two, many of these people approving federal funding for abortion are the same people who oppose the death penalty. I just don't understand how you justify one as murder and not the other. Yes, I know many conservatives are against abortion and for the death penalty and they are no more right. For me, no matter how you put it, federal funds for abortions is wrong- it is like giving federal funding fro a boob-job.

Next issue I have is the new "fairness" act that will affect mainly talk-radio which has it's highest rated shows hosted by conservative hosts. This "fairness" act would have these shows change what they were saying in the interest of being "fair" and put out both sides. Um....censorship, WTF. I think it is interesting that news papers, and "news" outlets will not be affected. Seriously, even Leno suggested that President Obama would be holding a party at his headquarters CNN. I am in no way for censorship. I am finding the entire notion of this disgusting and Americans should be ashamed of their leaders for even attempting this.

Now lastly, Nancy Pelosi. Offering contraceptives is going to stimulate the economy? I really don't even know how to approach this one, but to say, Get Out Of Our Bedrooms and find a real solution to our problems.

To be fair, I did not vote for President Obama, I voted for Barr/Root.

2 comments:

Tribe Mama said...

Now now,don't get your panties in a bunch. I agree with you regarding the government paying for abortions, and we all know I an VERY prochoice, I wish that it wasn't necessary. However, as I said to you last night, I would rather the government(and taxpapyers) spring the couple hundred bucks for an abortion verses paying for an unwanted child either in the welfare system or the foster care system. As for abortion and death penalty being the same thing, the fetus is not a viable human being so I am not sure they can be compared.

As for censorship....I cannot justify that one, and I REALLY don't want Nancy Pelosi in my bedroom-bleck! However, I am ok with the government providing birth control to people who cannot afford it, it is cheaper than the abortion they would have to pay for and MUCH cheaper than supporting that child through 18 years of age or longer if they stay on welfare.

A Jersey Girl said...

The contraception I am really not against- It was more that her statement was about how offering it was going to stimulate our economy...WHAT?

Yeah censorship is NO GOOD in any light-

And yes I know how you feel on the abortion issue(and yes, that is why I have stopped calling you back:)