Monday, March 1, 2010

The Fire Is Lit!

My husband has decided that the house is a cluttered mess! With projects that have been piling up and now have become overwhelming, I am not sure where to start. Do I start with the pile of shoes in the foyer. The one that is NEVER neat. Nope, can't start there because where would I move the shoes to? What about my "Monica" closet in the hallway...hummm, nope because where would all shit in the closet go? Maybe I should start BIG project of switching the kids rooms. Declan is being forced-out and into the smaller room, but even that I have been dragging my feet on and really, nothing else can be done until they are moved! There is not enough room in the girls room to put all their clothes away which then leaves them in baskets in my room and clutters that!

I am so overwhelmed! Because that list is just the beginning. I have a dining room that needs to be overhauled and a playroom that needs a new arrangement. Laundry that is piled sky high and no place to put it if/when I do clean it! If only my mother could come for a week and work the whole time;-)

What is making it more overwhelming is that we are very busy in the coming weeks. With committee meets, teacher conferences, trips to NJ, PTO commitments and Ben having to work everyday I am not sure where to find the time. I also never even mentioned the kids activities of scouts, football,friends and school work and my school work.

I guess the best thing to do is just jump in and get going! Just start somewhere and go from there. So after I drop the monsters in the morning I will come home and get started! I think I will start with the bedrooms. I know Ben thinks this is a bad idea, but I think I will feel better. with the rooms switched, not painted but switched, I will be able to get the laundry moving and away. From there I can move to the "Monica" closet. Then the dining room and last the playroom. I would be very happy to accomplish all this by Thursday Night so that I could come home from the weekend in NJ to a clean and organized house(HINT: if you are placing bets, don't go with Thursday;-). Especially since I slept for a little over 2 hours last night and am still up at 2am.

The good news is that Ben has lit the fire under my ass, so I will at the very least, start thinking about the projects I need to do;-)

1 comment:

leo said...

I think the hardest task in any project is to start. Think you should be alright, once u get the ball rolling. Happy cluttering away. Good luck ;))