Saturday, November 20, 2010

Not The Post I Had Planned.

I have started this post several times today and each time something interrupted me. The monsters, the phone, housework just stuff, normal everyday stuff. I wanted to post about my bitchy-PMSing annoyances with the world. How nobody understands how "hard" my life is and nobody could possibly understand me. Then, my phone rang and on the other end were those people who don't know me, you remember the same ones that could not possibly understand or relate to me. Along with the phone calls came texts and instant messages from some more of those people that don't know or understand me. I wish I could say that these calls were all just to remind me how wonderful I am and how lucky I am to have good friends here and that everyone understands how "hard" my life really is, but I cannot. The calls, texts and instant messages were all to tell me that a dear book club buddy of mine need my thoughts and prayers.

My friend Vicky and her family are dealing with some serious complications with the newest member of their family, who yesterday made an emergency entrance into this world. Upon hearing this news I was immediately brought back from my bithcy-PMSing state and into reality, where I was reminded that people not always agreeing with you does not mean they do not love you or are not your friends, people questioning how/why you do things, does not mean they think you are stupid or wrong. All this means is that you are connected to people, they are part of your life, and that they care enough to understand why/what makes your life so hard so that they can understand you and my life really is GOOD.

Now, at I sit here at 2am wondering how/why I wasted anytime wallowing in self-pity when there are people in my life, people that I call friends, that really do need my thoughts right now. So Lisa, Maureen, Sarah & even Laura, thank you for being in my life and understanding me. You reminded me that I am not alone and at the same time reminded me that their are people who could use my focus. Here's to stepping outside yourself and into the world!!!!

And, if you have read this far into the post and have some good thoughts and prayers you could send to my friend Vicky and her family, I would not mind at all :)

No comments: