Monday, November 1, 2010

Therapy...again:)

Last week I began seeing a therapist, again. Unlike other times I have gone, there was nothing that drove me into therapy, infact it is quite the opposite. I feel like I am in a really good place. Things at home are humming along, my father's cancer is being fought, my brother, brothers-in-laws and sisters-in-law are all living life without much excitement and all that is really good for me, for us. Last year was a tough one for our family, lots of uncertainty which translates to lots of stress for me. Now, life seems calmer, quieter.

It seemed logical for me to start looking for a new therapist, with life calm and manageable:) Yes, I know it sounds funny that I would look now for therapy as I claim my life to be "good", but I do think it is the perfect time. It is the perfect time because I feel that I am finally in a place to learn some stress management techniques and use them:) What I hope is that I will gain a better understanding of myself and find ways to mange my stress and avoid he triggers that I can. In the end, I am hope that this will make me a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt and friend and if not, maybe it just helps me not stress about being a shitty one:)

I am open and excited to see what this new adventure brings!

1 comment:

BLAZER PROPHET said...

Sometimes, talking to someone helps a lot. Best wishes.