Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Abortion, Me and the Government...

Here goes. The following post will be filled with MY views and beliefs on abortion and where I think the government should be on the issue.

My stance on abortion is this; I believe that life begins at conception, and therefore would need a very good reason to have an abortion or I would suffer enormous guilt throughout my life. I have held this opinion since I was 13 and became sexually active, yes 13. From 13 to 25, I had sex many, many times and was "safe" EVERY TIME. Never once did I worry that I would get pregnant, and I was 13! So, I have a hard time comprehending how it can be that anyone could NOT think about unwanted pregnancy before having sex. So, getting pregnant is NEVER an accident in my mind. Because every time you have sex, you risk getting pregnant.

However, I also know many people that have made that choice, and God Bless them. I am not sure I could have done it. Most of them did it for a very good reason and live with the choice everyday. And I am not sure that a teenager or woman in a bad relationship, should be praised for having a baby, she didn't plan. What kind of life with that mother and child have? Sometimes, I think, not having an abortion is the easy way out. You can blame someone else for YOUR choices, a child. A child, That I have seen first hand, suffer because his parents didn't want him, but were told abortion is wrong.

As the mother of two girls, I hope they are as smart as their mother:) and never have an unplanned pregnancy, but if they do, I want THEM to decide(hopefully with family support) what is best for them and that baby.

That brings me to the Government and Abortion. There is no other issue that I am more of a libertarian on(well, maybe seatbelts:) The federal government has NO business in this issue at all ever! It is a personal choice and freedom. What one does with their body is not the government's concern. Whether life begins at conception or viability or birth is open for debate and because of that and the fact that a majority of people cannot agree to an answer, until born a fetus and its rights belong to the woman carrying it. I think Roe v Wade was an awful decision, because I believe it is NOT a Federal Government Issue, not because I am against abortion.

And that is what I would like to hear from other people, WHY are YOU for and against things and candidates, not just mobo-jombo about records and stances. Why do YOU want it? Maybe YOUR reason is more valid than mine or makes sense and could help me decided who to vote for.

5 comments:

Ree said...

I feel the same way--it's a woman's choice ALONE!! But others feel very different.
Here are 2 comments that I got when I posted about this issue!
**NOTE that this person chose to remain anonymous!! HMMMM To feel SO strongly about something yet not let known who you are!! HMMMM

Anonymous said...
we can decide to tell someone what to do with their bodies when they decide to murder their child!!! we can tell people not to use their fingers to pull a trigger and shoot someone in the face. we can then also tell someone they are not allowed to kill the innocent person growing inside of them. that poor baby didn't decided to be there, so no, you can't kill them.

it's really quite simple.

September 12, 2008 9:18 AM


Anonymous said...
i meant to post that comment under "the right to kill, i mean choose" but i did it here by accident. i'm still waking up.

September 12, 2008 9:20 AM

A Jersey Girl said...

WOW, those are some hardcore comments!

Emily

Tribe Mama said...

If you have a belief, own it and sign your name to.

A Jersey Girl said...

I'm Sayin'

Audra said...

i found your blog through Casey's and have found that our beliefs are the same on abortion. I could never (I say that now, but of course anything could happen) but I do not feel it is my right (or anyone else's right) to tell them what they can or cannot do with their unborn child.