Friday, September 12, 2008

Adjusting or Not...

School starting for the kids has been quit an adjustment for me and for them. It starts in the morning having to be somewhere, which is just not a concept that I enjoy. Then, the school day is just not convenient. Not enough time to do somethings, and long for others. Maggie has not started school yet so, I then have to entertain her ALL DAY LONG(please spare the nasty comments, I know I should treasure these moments) I however am looking forward to October when he is in school three mornings a week.

What happens when they get home is even worse! The car ride home is filled with loud children all talking at me at the same time. Each louder and louder so that they can be heard. Needless to say, I have heard nothing. But at least the kids are restrained with seat belts in the car, because once they unbuckle the fun really starts! Racing to the door, pushing into the house then the good stuff, yelling, screaming, hitting and even a few bites this week. I spend the next 2 hours trying to referee these matches while trying to get dinner cooked and homework done, it is a wonder I am not is an institution by the time Husband gets home.

Bedtime used to be good around here and that too has all changed with the start of school. It is a fight with the kids every night to go to sleep, which then makes every morning start the same way!

So, I am looking for ways to channel my inner patience, because I guess my meds don't do that:) However what they are doing is allowing me to write this, with a bit of humor and no tears:)

1 comment:

Zenmomma said...

I so agree! This is why my kids don't go to school. We unschool and life is so much better. Having kidsaround is great when they don't have to release all that pent up energy from sitting at school all day long.