Wednesday, September 24, 2008

For The Record!

I would once again like to state that I am absolutely an undecided voter in the up-coming Presidential Election! I am undecided not just between Obama and McCain but also Bob Barr(the libertarian candidate). I spend much of my day talking this out with my family and friends, as I think it is a huge responsibility and I take it very seriously. I am a registered Independent, because I am one, and when deciding who to vote for, I look through as much as I can to find all the answers I can get. I have voted for republicans and democrats and libertarians in the past and I am sure I will in the future. I think it is foolish to think that one party has all the answers, because they don't; just like all Americans do not have the same beliefs. That is why we need elected officials that can work together to do what is best for us. And I realize that what is best for you, may not be what is best for me and that is okay. And that is why we are lucky enough to live in a Democratic Society. I hope that someday everyone experience it. I think it is silly to blindly follow any "Party" and I think that it is unfortunate that people feel threatened when they are asked to explain why they believe what they do. Friends that know me, can attest to the fact that I will take any side of an issue, just to get as much information as I can(right Bec:). I have been swayed and had my opinion changed based on a good debate(I am almost ready to recycle:).

So, to those of you out there that assume I am a Republican, I will tell my husband he will be happy to know I have finally seen the light; and for those that assume I am a Democrat, I will tell Becca she has pulled me to the dark-side:) But if it is okay with the rest of you, I will stay here in the middle and wait and see and continue to collect information, and in the end, I will happily share who I voted for as I always do, I am glad to own my vote!

4 comments:

Tribe Mama said...

Enough already, I am NOT a Democrat-no dark side pullin' here!

You need to recycle or I will trap you again in the car and lecture you more :)

A Jersey Girl said...

You really do make me laugh:)

Megan said...

Boy sure sounds like an easy way out! Who stands in the middle? Are you the one the always takes the best side? I hate people like that! Game on bitches! Bring it!

Shelly said...

i think a middle ground is REALLY smart in this election--my husband wants a write in candidate =)