Sunday, September 21, 2008

What Are Your Thoughts?

I've spent a great deal of my time the past few days reading about the Administration's "bail-out" plan. I am not sure what to think about it. My initial reaction is to HATE it as I am a "small-government" kind of girl, but I do think something needs to be done. People continue to getting laid-off, housing prices continue to fall, the dollar isn't getting and stronger and banks & investment houses keep folding. I think a "bail-out" needs to be made, but I also think someone should have to pay for the mess that has been made. A CEO, a bank owner, a financial adviser; I am not sure who or how, but someone should be held responsible.

I see that Sen Obama supports a "bail-out" of some sort, but is waiting to see the plan and that Sen McCain also agrees that something needs to be done and wants to see the plan. So, neither is jumping on or off this one just yet.

I would like to know how this is going to play-out in my life. If you know, please share with me. I really want to know!

Thanks!

1 comment:

Ree said...

I also agree that something needs to be done. The only thing is that 'we' as the tax payers will be the ones who will have to pay. It maddens me because someone--say Mr. Boss-- at the top of these institutions made the decisions to give out these loans knowing full and well that NO MATTER what happened to that institution that he--being Mr. Boss-- would still get a HUGE package if ever let go and fired, etc.
These people are the ones who should be CUT OFF--first and foremost!!