Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Look Inside...

My blogging buddies seem to have a political & religious theme going and I have to say this has been rather interesting. It is exciting to me to see what makes people tick and their beliefs on politics & religion can sure help with that insight. The other thing I find interesting about people's political views is how different they look to me as an insider looking out. Living in the DC metro area for the past 11 years has made me see things a bit differently than most. Husband worked for a member of Congress for 8 years so I have seen first hand how a bill becomes law, and all the work that it takes to be a member of Congress. Husband also worked at the White House and we were given some great opportunities to go there with our children and to meet the President. Watching the fireworks on the 4th of July from the South Lawn of the White House with your three kids is amazing and really it doesn't matter who the president is at that moment. You are at the White House on the 4th of July watching fireworks, what is more American than that! I gotten to meet people that most of the country sees on TV and seen that they are in-fact people and not just a party. Don't get me wrong, I have my political opinions and vote based on policy not personality(usually:) but it is just a little different when you are standing in line with a Senator and his wife talking about bathrooms in the White House. When work is done here, politics can get left at the office, so when Sen. McCain and Sen. Biden say they are friends, it is not just or show, they may really like eachother. And if you come to town, you could see a Democrat and Republican having dinner and enjoying the company:)

No comments: