Friday, February 19, 2010

And Another Thing...

There are so many little things that have been happening that I want to comment on and I have just not had a chance. Now I do, so here goes~

First, I am unhappy that Evan Bayh is retiring. One because I don't dislike his political views, but two and more upsetting to me is that he is leaving because he feels Washington is too partisan. I hate that because I think that the majority of Americans are pretty middle-of-the-road on most issues and fall left or right on a few. Instead, the two major political parties, find candidates to support and voters feel like they need to vote for the lesser of two evils and not someone that truly shares their views.



Next, Tiger Woods. I watched today. All I can say is that I hope he is sincere and if he is, Great! I will give him a second chance. I am really not feeling like he needs forgiveness from me, though. Hell, people have done things way worse than Tiger and never bothered to say sorry. Not that that is right, but I think the only people that Tiger needs to apologize to and gain forgiveness from are his family. The only person he broke a contract with was his wife! I mean sure, I guess if his sponsors had clauses on conduct, then maybe them, but not me! As a parent, I will still tell my kids that Tiger Woods was the Greatest Golfer of my lifetime and unlike athletes that use performance-enhancers, Tiger did not lie or cheat in his sport for personal gain. His mistakes were made in his personal life, in which he is entitled to. So maybe he is a shitty husband, but still a great golfer.


On to people. Most of the time I am not at all surprised by people. Unfortunately, I am not a person who finds it hard to see the bad in people;-) I also know that for as much as an Open Book as I am, people only let you know what they want you to know about them and I am fine with that up to a point. That point for me is when it places my child at risk, then I get pissed. For instance, I grew up in NJ and very few of my friends had guns in their houses. Not many people hunted and well, there were just not many guns. It never occurred to me that their were guns in their houses. However, raising kids in VA, that is very different, it seems EVERYONE has guns in their home, so I always ask before my kids go to a friends house. Mostly because my kids do not know about guns as we do not have them. I am not sure if my kids would pick them up and know it was real and NOT play with it, so I ask. What I don't ask though is about their home life. Do you beat your kids? Does your husband beat you? Are you nudists? Things of this nature never crossed my mind. These are things I thought I would know or just never assumed needed to be asked. Now I will ask. I am sure I would never get a straight answer, but I will start to ask. And I think that my kids will be going fewer places.


So, those are all my thoughts, enjoy;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiger did lie regarding his sport. Many of the endoresements he had were because he fooled everyone into thinking he was a wholesome family man. I will never tell my children that he was a great athlete, I may tell them that he could've been one, but it takes more than a good swing to hold that title...

Tribe Mama said...

Crap, after all these years you found out we are nudists!

Anonymous said...

Oh good. That clears up who the nudist thing is.