Monday, February 15, 2010

Seriously???

Skippy's getting married??? if you could have heard the way my mother cried at having not been invited!!!! She wonders what she ever did to deserve this treatment.It really is a shame that your father is dying and the only link he has to his blood family is being shunned for something she had nothing to do with!!! Congrats to skippy...... you know none of would have been able to attend, but certainly would have sent a nice gift!!!

That was the post made on my sister's facebook wall by my cousin. Clearly a cousin we are not very close to.

Now, let me explain the very disturbing points in this post:

1- We are really NOT close with this side of our family
2- The wedding is in NJ and they live in FL
3- The wedding was rescheduled for personal reasons and downsized significantly!
and 4- and the biggest problem I have is that I was not aware my father was DYING!!!

So, think about this, this crazy cousin posts that her mother is upset that my brother's wedding date has been changed and she learned of this on facebook; yet she thinks it is okay to inform us that our father is dying.

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I would like to say that my father does have cancer, but that his doctors are very optimistic about curing his cancer or at least we thought until we read this post!!!! Not to mention that my father's medical status is somewhat personal and not something that my siblings and I discuss with random people. Not that we do not talk about it, but we let him decide how much goes up on facebook and he does share a lot, but again it is his status to share, not ours and surely NOT a cousin that does not know the ins-and-outs of his treatments or diagnosis!

Needless to say, I think it is CLEAR from this post why no invitation was sent, when the focus of this wedding was to have the people that Billy and Kelly love and that love them share this day not to add DRAMA to what is already a stressful time for our families.

2 comments:

Tribe Mama said...

OK, so then why am I not invited? Just kidding, so happy for Billy and Kelly and that Happy is doing well. Screw the rest of them and just enjoy!

Funny note...the word certification below is "izesse" Sounds like some bad ass nickname for Izzy :0

Mike said...

I am from Jersey. I live in NC now, but I grew up in Jersey. Mostly Sussex and Morris county, but I spent a couple of years in Point Pleasant.