Sunday, February 21, 2010

Not Always Easy, But Try And Follow

Often lately I feel I would like to stay home and in my bedroom until Spring. I am not sure if this is just because I have gotten so used to being home-bound this month with the endless snow or I am just in a funk...or maybe both. Either way, I would be happy NOT to leave the house until the temps rise above 60 degrees and the sun is shining brightly!

Maybe it is not the snow or a funk, but the fact that there are so many people out there that completely lack common sense or any social skills. I am starting to believe that I must attract these people because there is NO way that there could be that many people out there like that, could there? You know the people I mean. The ones that look at you and tell you all the ways you could parent better or that you are a bad cook or ask personal/inappropriate questions in large groups of people. These are the people I encounter all to often. What is worse is that the majority of these people are well educated, successful people. How, I wonder did they get that way, with the social skills of a dog? Really, I am waiting to have my ass sniffed!

Is it just because I leave in such a melting pot? Where no one is from here or from the same place so their social skills are just different than mine? If that is the case though, I can say, growing up in Jersey wasn't all bad. And the social skills I learned have come in handy. For example, be nice to your neighbors and locals and treat the shit Benny's the way they treat you. When they insult you, laugh because the sentence didn't make sense:) Have their car towed because they think it is okay to block your driveway:) And when asked a question answer it honestly, such-as "Where's the Garden State?" ...Um, You're in it;-) So, in keeping those skills in mind I will start my week and remember the rules I learned; people are RUDE, IGNORANT and STUPID, but there is no way for me to avoid them forever and acting like they do means I cannot go home and laugh at them:)

So, tomorrow I will leave my room and house to engage the masses, but I will do it with a smile and a grain of salt, all the time remembering that if I drive EAST, I will reach the beach:)

No comments: