Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's New...

There is not much to report here. We were hit by another Blizzard last night and into today. That is the second one this week and our third since late December. We have about 30 inches of snow on the ground which brings our total for the season to over 50. That would be fine if our average was not just under 15. I am done with the snow! Schools are closed through Friday and Ben is home through Tuesday.

This morning I reached my breaking point when the news of Capt. Phil's death came to me. I do not know Phil personally, but he was my favorite captain and the Cornilla Maria my favorite vessel. I loved that his sons were out fishing with him and how much they loved each other. I feel sad for them. They lost their dad and he was only 53 years old. I am sure a lot of my sadness is more for myself then them as I watch my own father at the age of 56, battle stage 4 lung cancer. I hope not to feel the loss that they are feeling for a very long time. Nevertheless, between the snow that has trapped us in the house for the better part of two weeks, wishing I could be with my dad and Capt. Phil's passing, I broke down this morning. Crying made me feel a little better and when I was done, I cleaned the house up and shoveled.

After a morning like that, I was about done for the day. After I made lunch and did the dishes(because I cook 3 meals a day now, the washer gets run at least 3 times a day!)I headed into my bedroom, took a shower and vegged with Dirty Dancing. I always loved that movie. More I am sure because of my age when it come out then for the actual movie, nonetheless, I sat and watched and enjoyed it.

Now at almost midnight, I sit still feeling, bleh and hoping tomorrow will bring sunshine and melting. I am not sure how much longer I can endure family togetherness trapped in the house!

No comments: