Thursday, February 11, 2010

Smokey sings...

People say I'm the life of the party
Because I tell a joke or two
Although I might be laughing loud and hearty
Deep inside I'm blue
So take a good look at my face
You'll see my smile looks out of place
If you look closer, it's easy to trace
The tracks of my tears..

________________________________________________________________________________________


No more smiles here. I thought yesterday was just a down day, it seems the blues have followed me into today. I am not sure what has me down, I guess that's not true, I know and I also know that the thoughts weighing on me are not ones that I can do much about. The continued snow, unrest in the world, unsettled financial markets; throw on top of that worries I have for my family and all they are dealing with. My dad's cancer, my mom's craziness, the weight-of-the-world on my sister's shoulders and my brother's wedding. That is all before I get to my Perfect Little Crew of Monsters and a husband to worry about:)

None of these worries are new but for some reason, yesterday it all came flooding in at once and continues today. Sleep has not come easily the last few nights and I know that never helps the stress, but it does not seem to just be stress, there is also sadness. Anxiety and stress is one thing(with meds that help;-) but sadness is much harder to work past.

I am falling into a funk! Weeks on end of no schedule for the family. Days and days stuck in the house because of snow has caught-up with me. I need some new faces to look at. New conversations to have.

Hopefully this weekend will bring that with little-to-no self destruction:) I will report, hopefully with a new attitude, when I return:)

1 comment:

Tribe Mama said...

Hope the trip renews your spirit, snowy beaches are beautiful and peaceful...find some time for self reflection while away.