Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Flip-Flops

I have heard many people say that the Republican Party needs to reorganize, and I believe they do...or maybe they don't and a third party is needed in American politics. I never considered myself a Republican, but I did tend to vote with them, not anymore. I think that if it is possible, the party has moved so far to the right that it is scary. The party has been completely taken over by Christian Conservatives. The problem I am having is that these "Christian Conservatives" do not seem so Christ-like to me. They are un-accepting and judgmental, mean and self-fulfilling; these are not things I see as Christ-like actions.

Ya know what though, it is not just the Republicans, the Democrats are moving as far to the left as the Republicans are to the right. I just don't get it! I sometimes wonder if people ever think through the party platforms, before they vote the ticket. Do they do it by convincing themselves that they are on the side of "lesser evil", so it is okay? In several of the last elections I have voted in, I have voted for a third party. I have had many people say that I threw my vote away, but I don't feel that way. I feel that I voted with my values and for the people that I thought would best serve the people. What is funny about these third party candidates is most of them previously called themselves Democrats or Republicans, so I guess I am not the only one feeling that these parties have changed their direction.

I hope that sometime soon the majority of people will see that you don't have to vote for the lesser-evil, but for the best candidate, no matter what party they have next to their name. Maybe then we can move past the insane partisan politics we have now and onto some progress.

3 comments:

Irene Egan said...

I couldn't have said that better myself madame! I don't even know that I could add or change anything. You are so very right! Look at last November in Stafford County. Everyone was so pissed off at the spending and policy of the "left", that they didn't care who was on the ticket on the other side of the aisle - they just voted the polar opposite of the status quo. Never giving the middle a chance. Awesome post.

BLAZER PROPHET said...

When you say the democrats are moving to the left as much as the republicans are moving right, I think you hit the nail right on the head. That's what such divisive partainship has done for the last 21 years. We need a strong President to come along and unite the Congress towards a common goal.

Joshua said...

I know I'm coming in late here but Hey why not.
First I must say the Majority of things you said I agree with.
With that being said I have to say I think you're wrong on the last part, while I do believe that the Democrats are getting way left I say that the Republican party has been invaded by Moderates more than total sold out Conservative Christians which is why they don't seem Christ like at all.
There has been a rise of what is called Rinos which call themselves conservative but are really actually moderate to liberal.
We do need to scrap both parties and put clear cut lines of being in the new parties.
I think there should be a conservative party with clear lines of what you need to be before being able to join, they will be held accountable and if they do not hold up such guidelines they will be stripped from the conservative party title.
It might seem harsh but I think people in government need to be finally held accountable to their actions.
They're the ones that need to be watched not us.
We the people are in charge of the Government and they work for US and I think both they and sometimes even the people forget that.
anyway, wanted to say that I mostly agree with what you said except for a few things here and there.
Good overall post though.